Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air Not Flush

Hi,

So I have noticed that on my MacBook Air that the lid closes flush at the front where the magnet holds it but on the left and rights sides there is a slight gap where it doesn't quite go flush, the front goes flush but it is just the sides.

Here is a picture:

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2619/img0841pf.jpg

http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/401/img0842y.jpg

Btw I have been playing some intense games and the laptop gets quite hot, maybe this has affected it???

Does anyone else have this issue and is it normal for this gap, it hasn't affected the LCD and everything functions just like it should.

Thankyou very much,

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1), Macbook Air 2012 13 inch

Posted on Oct 13, 2012 11:19 AM

3 replies

Oct 13, 2012 12:46 PM in response to isancho2308

Looks normal.

Notice that there is a "gasket" ring that surrounds the display bezel, and protrudes. It is this protrusion that creates a necessary gap so that the display glass is given additional gap so as not to make contact with the keys or the portion of the lower case between the keys and trackpad. The lid will flex a bit when closed and stressed. That gap is then a "screensaver". Without it, you might be posting here about a cracked screen.

Nov 18, 2013 4:30 PM in response to isancho2308

I've realized that the screen is not flush. If you don't like it not flush you can always get a Moshi iVisor. That thing does wonder. I have the matte screen cover and it's amazing. Also, games generallly require alot of energy to run so the laptop will heat up. It's normal for almost every computer (unless you have an extremely powerful fan).

I play games on my macbook as well and it heats up like craazy.

Macbook Air Not Flush

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.