Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I install my Aperture program to my new macbook?

I would like to install my Aperture program to my new macbook. Does anyone know how this can be done? Apple says that it is legal to do so, but their instructions are full of doublespeak and jargon. Can anyone please simplify the answer?

Aperture 3, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 13, 2012 12:26 PM

4 replies

Oct 13, 2012 12:37 PM in response to BVC_4074

How did you buy Aperture 3?

If you bought Aperture from the the AppStore, the you can install it on your new Mac by signing into the AppStore with the same AppleID that you used to buy Aperture.

When signed in, go to the "Purchased" tab of the AppStore Window and click the "Install" button.

If you dod not buy Aperture from the AppStore, post back.

Regards

Léonie

Oct 13, 2012 12:43 PM in response to léonie

I had oringinal purchased Aperture 1.5 on Disc and then puchsed the updated Aperture 3 through Apple. It does not however appear on my purchases list in the apple store. I have the code beginning with F-377-S4x etc when start Aperture on my imac, however I do not have any of the files from when I first downloaded the updated version. I thought by having it registered with Apple, this process should be easy!

Oct 13, 2012 1:16 PM in response to BVC_4074

If you downloaded Aperture 3 from the Apple Store and not the AppStore, then you cannot download it from the AppStore to your other mac. You need the original installer disk image you downloaded. If you did not keep that, download the Trial installer - you can unlock it with your registration key.

A copy of the Trial Installer is here:

Aperture 3.1 Trial.

1. Download the Aperture 3.1 Trial.
  2. Open the Aperture Trial disc image.
  3. Double-click the "Aperture Trial.mpkg" file.
  4. Follow the onscreen instructions to install Aperture.
  5. After the installation completes, choose Software Update from the Apple () menu.
  6. Install the Aperture 3.4 update from the list of available updates.

Note: If you are using OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.2 or later, you may receive an alert stating that Aperture is from an unidentified developer. This can occur when you try to install Aperture from DVD or the trial download. See OS X Mountain Lion: The app is from an unidentified developer for details on how to successfully install Aperture in this situation.

Regards

Léonie

How can I install my Aperture program to my new macbook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.