Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sampling in a Logic compatible VST without changing tempo

I would like to change the pitch of a sample without changing the tempo or the volume, how can I do it within a sampler VST that work with Logic Pro? (exs, kontakt 4 or any other that does not represent extra money)

Logic Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Logic Pro 9

Posted on Oct 13, 2012 1:22 PM

5 replies

Oct 13, 2012 11:43 PM in response to simoncastao

Thank you for your answer.

The EXS does not change the pitch withouth affecting the tempo of the samples. I need an audio unit or any virtual sampler that works with logic, It should allows me to change the pitch in all the notes without changing the tempo of the sample within the audio unit or virtual sampler.

I don´t want to bounce many pitches of my sample with the pitch shifting tool or any the time machine and then set them on the EXS. I would like some Audio Unit or any external instruments that can do that for itself that does not cost extra money. Do you know if Kontakt 4 is able to do that? or any other software?

Sep 3, 2016 8:23 PM in response to simoncastao

Did you figure this out? I have the exact same question. EXS24 doesn't have the ability that I can find. I have tried pitch shifting each individual sample, but that is a hassle and there are only a limited number of outputs for each sample (around 16), about half of which aren't even stereo. I want a way to spread a sample across every key (like using the pitch function in EXS24) but only affect pitch and maintain the same tempo. Maybe there is another plugin I can import? Please help. Thanks!

Sep 4, 2016 10:41 AM in response to Data Stream Studio

This works fine but I would still need to manually copy and paste 88 samples across the entire keyboard in the sampler instrument and then go in and use time/pitch machine on each individual sample to manually modify its pitch transposition in cents. Do you know of a way Logic can use a single sample in EXS24 and automatically transpose all appropriate note pitches without affecting tempo?

Thanks

EDIT: I tried using Time and Pitch machine and the pitch function automatically changes the tempo of the sample. So I have to mathematically calculate the appropriate change in tempo for each change in pitch? And I'd have to do that 88 times every time I wanted to create a new sampler instrument? That's not easy...

Sampling in a Logic compatible VST without changing tempo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.