Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Odd message when trying to save to alias of Pictures folder

Hi. Maybe someone can help me. When I try to save an image to an alias of my Pictures folder that is located on the desktop, the image *does* get saved to a folder *within* the Pictures folder called Original Images. Then I get an error message reading "File alias [path to alias] [name of picture file] wasn't found." I click OK on this dialog box and it reappears seven or eight times. Note that this occurs *both* when I save to the Pictures folder itself as well as when I save to its alias. I deleted the alias and made a new one, again placing it on the desktop, yet the problem persists. This usually happens when I come across a picture file on the Web that I wish to save.

I am running Mac OS 10.7.5 on a MacBook Pro with 4 GB of RAM. I've recently repaired the file permissions. This behavior started a few days ago. The Web browser I use is Firefox version 15.

I'm just really puzzled about why all of a sudden these new, saved images are now automatically being placed in this subfolder called "Original Images." And the error messages are disconcerting. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Message was edited by: Brutalbrutus

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), using a Seagate HDD / Time Machine

Posted on Oct 13, 2012 3:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2012 5:16 AM

Thanks, everyone, but I fixed the problem. I had accidentally turned on an Applescript to keep the Pictures folder organized.

1 reply

Odd message when trying to save to alias of Pictures folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.