Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printing to HP PSC 1610

I have a 20" iMac Core Duo with a wireless connection to my DSL modem. Also have a Dell Windows XP machine connected to the modem via ethernet.

I have an HP PSC 1610 All-In-One connected to USB on my iMac. I am sharing the printer with XP machine using Bonjour for Windows.

After installing the Bonjour for Windows on the XP machine, I ran the program to set up the printer connected to my iMac. In the printer list, my HP printer is listed. So I select it and when I print, nothing comes out of the printer.

I looked up some info on help in Tiger and it states that you should use the generic postscript printer for XP printing to work. I re-ran Bonjour after removing the current printer in XP and selected the Generic Postscript printer selection.

Printing works (although a bit more slowly than the direct connection) and you have almost no control over how you want your document to print, but it does print.

My question is why, when you select your printer from the list of all the types of printers, does it not work?

20" iMac Core Duo Mac OS X (10.4.6) HP PSC 1610 All-In-One

Posted on Apr 13, 2006 7:35 AM

3 replies

May 14, 2006 12:20 AM in response to Andrew Vanwie

Andrew,

You may want to check out this forum:
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=257048

A lot of us are having a similar problem. I can print using the Generic/Postscript driver from WinXP using Bonjour for Windows, but I can't print multiple copies. If I pick the HP driver instead of the Generic, it goes straight to the "Completed" jobs list without printing.

G4 733MHz, 512MB RAM Mac OS X (10.4.6)

Printing to HP PSC 1610

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.