Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airport extreme and cable modem

I just got a cable modem which works when connected directly to the computer. When I connect the modem to my airport extreme router and then the router to the computer I get no internet connection at all. Any suggestions?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 13, 2012 3:38 PM

3 replies

Jul 11, 2014 9:14 PM in response to waynef21

First I am going to assume that you have set up the Extreme correctly - in that case, disable and re-enable the network adapter - this will release the last address from the modem to the computer and allow the Extreme to establish new internal LAN addresses as needed for your devices. - then you should power off all devices and take out and replace the battery if your modem has one - then power up the modem and let it fully boot - then plug in the extreme and let it start up - then turn on the computer and see if you get internet - If that doesn't work, then we have to go over the whole installation from a factory default and customize it to your requirements - let me know how it goes.

airport extreme and cable modem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.