Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is there a way to permanently set the mailbox order?

Is there a way to permanently set the sequence in which mailboxes are displayed in the left-most panel of Mail? I can drag and drop the mailboxes into the order I want, and they seem to stick around - at least until I update any of the accounts. The moment I update an accounts prefernces in Preferences, Accounts, the display order is set to the same order that appears on the preferences display.

I have a fairly large number of email accounts, and often have to tweak settings, so it's a bit of a pain to have to reset the order every time I make a change.

This is occurring on both my MBP and my iMac.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 24 inch

Posted on Oct 13, 2012 4:00 PM

4 replies

Feb 7, 2013 2:24 PM in response to WolfyAK

Same question.

I recently left Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion.

Previously, in the side bar of Mail, (the one you make visible using "Show" in a previous post here), I was able to drag and drop any of the Reception mailboxes to the place I wanted to select, to put them in the order I wished, and this order remained until I decide to change it.

This seems not possible any more, or... just for the current session. If I close Mail and reopen, Reception boxes are re-ordered in alphabetic way.

Any way to make my choice permanent as before ???

To make it more clear, ordering my way is possible by drag and dropping for private mailboxes, but not for reception mailboxes associated to different mail accounts, the order is lost once Mail is closed.

is there a way to permanently set the mailbox order?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.