Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Prompted for S/N & registration info each time I launch Aperture

why won't Aperture remember my serial no.? suspect it has to do with recent support session during which tech erased a bunch of resources in the library folers in failed attempt to get me to be able to open help files. In any case what can I do to stop this?

thanx

Posted on Oct 13, 2012 4:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2012 10:18 PM

You may have a corrupted "ProAppSystemID" file or Aperture cannot write to the System Library.

To stop Aperture asking for the serial number, first check, if you still have an old file "ProAppSystemID" in your System Library.

• Quit Aperture.
  • Go to your MacintoshHD and open the folder "Library", then "Application Support", then "ProApps".
  • Remove the File "ProAppsSystemID" to the Desktop, if it exist and restart Aperture.
  • Reenter your serial number, hopefully for the last time.

Sometimes Aperture writes this file to a temporary directory, when it cannot write to the Library. If the above does not work, look at the temporary directory /tmp

Use the Finder's "Go" menu

Go > Got to folder and enter /tmp into the textfield. If you see the file there, move it to its proper location.

In this case you may want to repair the permissions on your system drive; you can do this using the "First Aid" tools in "Disk Utility" (located in Applications > Utilities)

Regards

Léonie

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2012 10:18 PM in response to Bill Ambrose

You may have a corrupted "ProAppSystemID" file or Aperture cannot write to the System Library.

To stop Aperture asking for the serial number, first check, if you still have an old file "ProAppSystemID" in your System Library.

• Quit Aperture.
  • Go to your MacintoshHD and open the folder "Library", then "Application Support", then "ProApps".
  • Remove the File "ProAppsSystemID" to the Desktop, if it exist and restart Aperture.
  • Reenter your serial number, hopefully for the last time.

Sometimes Aperture writes this file to a temporary directory, when it cannot write to the Library. If the above does not work, look at the temporary directory /tmp

Use the Finder's "Go" menu

Go > Got to folder and enter /tmp into the textfield. If you see the file there, move it to its proper location.

In this case you may want to repair the permissions on your system drive; you can do this using the "First Aid" tools in "Disk Utility" (located in Applications > Utilities)

Regards

Léonie

Prompted for S/N & registration info each time I launch Aperture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.