Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone dies faster since iOS 6 software update

i currently have two problems. 1. my iphone will only charge while its turned off. 2. my battery dies faster then it used to be after the previous problem happened on October 1st. 3. my speaker/ringer on my phone has stopped working, my sounds will only work while my headphones are plugged in. no sound will come out anywhere. CAN ANYBODY HELP ME?

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 13, 2012 4:17 PM

3 replies

Dec 28, 2012 7:09 AM in response to GrahameE

I final piece for me in the jigsaw following on from this

http://www.care4pcs.co.uk/2012/10/how-to-be-happy-gmail-user-on-iphone-or.html

is to turn off wifi when you do not need it. When I leave the house I turn off wifi, because the majority of the times when my iPhone has got very hot and crashed is when I am away from home. I suspect that if the iPhone is in the vicinity of public wifi (wheather secure or not secure) it will try and connect, even if you have 'automatically join known networks' set to off. This is easy of course if you have an unlimited data contract for your iPhone. I may be wrong, but it is working for me. It makes sense for me because it is another way of reducing the work the processor (and battery) has to do and therefore reduces the chance of overheating.

Having said that, I never had this problem with my iPhone 4. I now have a 4S.

Try it. Hope it works for you.

iPhone dies faster since iOS 6 software update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.