Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ever since updating to ios 4.2 on my 3G, my gps is not working.

I have been using Sygic gps app then updated the OS, and the gps was always too weak to work. I thought it was the app that had the problem but I read what they said to do if this happens, I did all their suggestions and still does not work.

So I downloaded a free gps app NavFree, and it ALSO said the signal is weak. So I think it is the **** update.

And btw, I only use gps apps where all maps are downloaded to the phone, as I have no data plan. That way, I can get a gps signal and my maps w/just the gps chip. And this has always worked.

If someone else has had this problem, what can I do? This is ridiculous.

iPhone 3G, iOS 4.2

Posted on Oct 13, 2012 6:52 PM

5 replies

Oct 14, 2012 1:02 PM in response to diesel vdub

Well I had updated Cydia and then I couldn't get past the apple logo. So then I restored it--erased everything and also had to re-jailbreak. That forced me to update to ios 4.2. After that, it's when the gps was always weak.

Point of me saying this is I've already restored it, which kind of brought me to the problem in the first place.

I'll restart and reset but if I restored it again, wouldn't i have to re-jailbreak it again? I really dont want to go through that again.

I cannot get a new phone as since I lost my one (of 2) part time jobs (which lasted 4 months), I'm down to about 240 a MONTH. I'm quite broke. I was quite broke when I got the phone as a hand me down from a friend for 150.

Ever since updating to ios 4.2 on my 3G, my gps is not working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.