Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accidentally deleted iPhoto cache! Help!

I needed free space on my MacBook air, so I read a Mac forum online and followe directions on how to delete things from the cache folder to create more space. I deleted my iPhoto cache. All of my photos are now gone! What happened and what can I do?! The iPhoto cache I deleted is still on the trash - but I drug it put to my desktop and when I open it says no items.... I really needed to recrd these photos. I'll be devastated of I lost them! Please help!!! Thanks!

MacBook Air, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 13, 2012 7:28 PM

3 replies

Oct 13, 2012 8:00 PM in response to LarryHN

I'm not entirely sure that's the reason the are gone from my library - but deleting cache info is the only thing I've done recently to alter my MacBook pro. What else could haw happened? WHen I clicked on time machine it prompted me to create an account... So I don't think I have a backup. Does iPhoto store my photos with my apple I'd? Like if I were to try to access my iPhoto on another MacBook would tw original photos be there? Also- I did have to get a new iPhone a bit ago - would this change the library due to syncing? That wouldn't really explain the photos I imported from my old laptop though...

Accidentally deleted iPhoto cache! Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.