Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why doesn't tv show or movie audio play through airplay-enabled speakers selected through apple tv?

I have a 3rd generation AppleTV connected through HDMI to a projector. The AppleTV connects to a B&W Zeppelin Air speaker system through which it is set up to play audio via the AppleTV's newest operating system's built-in Airplay settings. When I play music through the AppleTV, it plays through the Zeppelin. When I try playing movies and tv shows, it reverts to the builtin (very poor quality) speakers on the projector.

I've searchd through posts in the online community and support documentation. Although most posts indicate that it is a glitch, an unresolved bug and should work, and that changing the content type to Music Videos is a viable workaround, this doesn't seem to work for me, and its not clean anyway.

Apple, can you resolve this?

Cheers,

André

Apple TV (3rd generation), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 14, 2012 12:46 AM

There are no replies.

Why doesn't tv show or movie audio play through airplay-enabled speakers selected through apple tv?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.