Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why has itunes suddenly stop playing my videos?

I just recent upgraded my Epson printer software and now iTunes won't playback any of my purchased videos. I tried using QuickTime but;" this movie cannot be played because it is on a display that is not authorized to play protected movies"is the error it shown. The display, is the same one I have used for years without incidence until today. Will reinstalling itunes solve my problem?

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 14, 2012 3:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2012 3:02 PM

Even though this is content that has played before, normally, by way of experiment try restarting iTunes in 32-bit mode and seeing if the content will play for you then. For instructions see the following document:

iTunes for Mac: Older media files may require iTunes to reopen in 32-bit mode

If the content does start playing properly then, restart iTunes in default (64-bit) mode again. Are the items working normally now?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2012 3:02 PM in response to gualterino

Even though this is content that has played before, normally, by way of experiment try restarting iTunes in 32-bit mode and seeing if the content will play for you then. For instructions see the following document:

iTunes for Mac: Older media files may require iTunes to reopen in 32-bit mode

If the content does start playing properly then, restart iTunes in default (64-bit) mode again. Are the items working normally now?

Oct 14, 2012 5:35 PM in response to b noir

Before your reply used time machine to go back to a version before I had a problem. Which solved my proble but I noticed when the printed update appeared again, there was a supplemental 10.8.2 update along with it. Which I will not upgrade to again since it all works fine now; even playback in QuickTime works properly. Thanks for the help

Why has itunes suddenly stop playing my videos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.