Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to 'mix' numbers features which exist either in iOS or OSX

I am trying to create a spreadsheet where I can use a form to do data input and use categories to work out (sub)totals.

As far as I understand, the 'forms' capability only exists in the iOS version of Numbers and the 'categories' only in the OSX version.

I use the latest versions of both these numbers applications, iOS6 on an iPad2 and Mountain Leopard on a MacBook Pro.

My thinking was to use the iPad to do the data collection (that would actually suit beter than using the MB for that), open the iOS version of the spreadsheet from iCloud on the MacBook, copy the newly created rows from the iOS 'version' of the spreadsheet to the OSX 'version' to get the category (sub)totals. It all works fine, except that the form is stripped away by OSX and I have to re-create it. Is there a way of doing this and returning to the original version of the iOS version of the spreadsheet on iCloud? In other words, just open a copy of the iOS version on the MB, transfer the info I need to the OSX version and leave the iOS version on iCloud untouched?

Or has anyone got a better idea on how to do this?

Thanks

Hans

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 14, 2012 5:54 AM

4 replies

Trying to 'mix' numbers features which exist either in iOS or OSX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.