Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Searching for mail on icloud.com

Is anyone else having problems searching for messages on the icloud.com webmail interface? Searches for messages that are clearly in my inbox turn up no results or only partial results.

thanks.

Posted on Oct 14, 2012 7:28 AM

2 replies

Oct 14, 2012 10:09 AM in response to pvonk

Yes, that is correct. For instance, if I a have a couple of messages from sender "ABC" in my inbox, then do a search in my inbox for "ABC" using search by "From", it might reveal only some or none of the messages from "ABC". Similarly for searching terms in subject lines by "Subject", and in either case, searching by "All" fails to show the missing messages as well. At first I thought I saw a pattern that it was catching all the unread messages that fit the search criteria but not the read messages (which would in itself not be correct behavior either), but on other searches both read and unread messages are found so that's not the reason either.

Searching for mail on icloud.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.