Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro plays music only in left ear bud

My macbook only plays music in the left ear bud. It does so with different earphones, I have tried 3 and the same problem occurs everytime. The weird thing is, when I test it on Audio preferences, the sounds works fine. System sounds, like the alarm or a new message sound, I hear them in both. But when I play a movie, a video on youtube or just music in iTunes the music is mainly on the left side, on the right one it is very soft. What is wrong?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 14, 2012 9:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2015 4:10 PM

I know this was posted a long time ago but it's a problem which I run into every now and then.
My Macbook Pro (Late 2011) has done it with a few different softwares and initially I would just restart my computer and it would fix itself but in the case it doesn't try going to settings > sound > output (Top menu option) > Balance the speakers on the sliding tool at the bottom. Try this with your headphones/speakers plugged in.
Goodluck! 🙂

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2015 4:10 PM in response to claudiaverleg

I know this was posted a long time ago but it's a problem which I run into every now and then.
My Macbook Pro (Late 2011) has done it with a few different softwares and initially I would just restart my computer and it would fix itself but in the case it doesn't try going to settings > sound > output (Top menu option) > Balance the speakers on the sliding tool at the bottom. Try this with your headphones/speakers plugged in.
Goodluck! 🙂

MacBook Pro plays music only in left ear bud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.