Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ML Server causes multiple shared drive appearances

I recently have started getting multiple appearances of my shared drive(s) on the desktop. I recently updated Server and OS X ML. All I know for sure is that when writing from most apps to a file on the client machine of the shared partition, I get a another appearance of the drive icon whenever writing to the drive. They just keep on accumulating.

My workaround for now it to open up Finder prefs and uncheck the box, "Connected Servers." Then, re check it and viola! The secondary appearances go away, only to return the next time I write to a file on the drive. And so it goes... Of my three clients I only see this in one of them.

Here an example:

User uploaded file

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion, (3,1) 10GB RAM, 500GB HD+250GB SSD

Posted on Oct 14, 2012 9:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 8:29 AM

Got a great answer from "MacJack" on another thread looking into this same issue, but relating to the client machine. Turns out it's a local machine setting, not a Server issue. Kudos!

Henry

Message was edited by: HenryS

1 reply

ML Server causes multiple shared drive appearances

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.