Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't delete contact from my iPhone

Has anyone encountered this problem. I can't seem to delete contacts from my iPhone.

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 14, 2012 12:50 PM

9 replies

Oct 17, 2012 2:08 PM in response to sberman

I have this problem. I turned off iCloud most contacts were gone. But there are still about 28 or so that is not on iCloud but only on my phone. I don't have contacts synced with any other servers (gmail or yahoo). I click edit, delect contact but it's still there. Any suggestions? The restore doesn't work becuase it seems to be already saved in that restore file. I can't restore as new or I'll lose everything else. Thanks for the help.

Feb 21, 2013 6:38 PM in response to avmishin

I have 47 stuck contacts. I have done full data resets and restores. Still there

If I turn off iCloud they are all that is left. You can edit,Delete them by they dont go away.

I have manually deleted all data except an sinlge letter Z so I can recognize them but they are un-killable.

I have many groupings in iclould and they are in no single group. its only when you select all groups they show up, or tunr off icloud. I sync contacts with no other services and have even checked if they are SIM contacts buyt my sim is new and sim import doesnt add them. They are ghost contacts..

Ideas...

I can't delete contact from my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.