Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hard drive does not show up in desktop on mac mini

USB flash drive or hard drive does not show on dock or desktop screen

Mac mini, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 14, 2012 2:59 PM

5 replies

Mar 1, 2015 1:24 PM in response to voodoojoe

same thing is happening to me with 2 different flash drives.

and it's not related to the Finder prefs. The drives used to show on my 3 different computers, 10.5.8, 10.6, 10.8.5 and I know the cards are not damaged, because I put them into a PC and Kinkos' printer 2 days ago, and they were able to read them.

I also used disk utility, and they do not show up there either.....

anybody has any idea?

Michel

Mar 1, 2015 5:19 PM in response to lllaass

all the version were listed above for 3 separate computer I tried the chip onto...( 10.5.8, 10.6, 10.8.5)

all 3 computers have USB port which I am using

1- is a flash card that I put into a card reader which plugs into USB port of all 3 computer.

I further put the flash card into my epson printer that also has a Flash card reader..... but the printer window says: "cannot recognize the memory card or stick..."

2- the other memory device is a USB Keychain memory stick. At one point when I plugged it into my 10.6 machine, it popped up on the desktop and was able to copy some files to it. I ejected it, and re-inserted it a 2nd time to test it, and it would NOT show up on desktop again.

I do not have any external USB HD only Fire wire 400-800.

not sure what system report you are refering to!

Hard drive does not show up in desktop on mac mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.