Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i know that on the Pages program on the macbook, you can covert Pages documents into microsoft word docs, etc. But can you do that on the Pages app on the ipad?

I know that on the Pages progrom on the macbook, you can convert a Pages document into a Word document, etc. But caqn the same be done on Pages app on the ipad?

iPad, Using Pages on ipad

Posted on Oct 14, 2012 4:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2012 4:30 PM

Yes it can. When the document is open, tap the wrench icon in the upper right corner. In the next window select either Email Document or the Open In Another App or even the Copy to iTunes option. In the next Window that pops up - you can export the document as a Pages, PDF or Word document.

From there you will have to email the file, open it in another app or copy it to iTunes and the use file sharing to transfer it to your computer, but I would assume that one of those options would fit into your plans anyway.

If you wanted to save the doc as a Word file and still keep it in Pages, you can email it to yourself after exporting as a Word file as described above - and then use Open In - in the mail app - and save it back to Pages as a Word file.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2012 4:30 PM in response to mmmm13

Yes it can. When the document is open, tap the wrench icon in the upper right corner. In the next window select either Email Document or the Open In Another App or even the Copy to iTunes option. In the next Window that pops up - you can export the document as a Pages, PDF or Word document.

From there you will have to email the file, open it in another app or copy it to iTunes and the use file sharing to transfer it to your computer, but I would assume that one of those options would fit into your plans anyway.

If you wanted to save the doc as a Word file and still keep it in Pages, you can email it to yourself after exporting as a Word file as described above - and then use Open In - in the mail app - and save it back to Pages as a Word file.

i know that on the Pages program on the macbook, you can covert Pages documents into microsoft word docs, etc. But can you do that on the Pages app on the ipad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.