Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone music turns on by itself

There is a "ghost in the machine", call the Police!
Seriously though, I frequently return to find my new iPhone 5 playing songs. It's often sitting quietly alone untouched on a table or dresser, and then it decides we all need to hear the Modern Jazz Quartet or Freddie Mercury. I hit pause, I scold Siri, I I double click the button and close out the music button, I reboot...and we are good. Then sometimes ten minutes later, sometimes a few hours later, it sounds like there is a flash mob to Gangnam Style happening in the other room.

I am hoping this is a settings issue, not a software bug. Does anyone have suggestions for putting my iPhone's flash mobs to rest? I could delete all of my music, buy a new Ipod to keep my music and phone relationships secret from one another, but I am trying to show my first smart phone the love it deserves.

Truly appreciate the tips, tricks and fancy dance moves. 🙂

~Cindy

iPhone 5, iOS 6, music

Posted on Oct 14, 2012 4:22 PM

3 replies

Oct 14, 2012 5:11 PM in response to cindykatesanfrancisco

I may have solved it. Dont touch the microphone button on the headset. Don't let pug paws or dangling ear buds bump it. Don't even look at that button before you tiptoe out of the room. Keep zombies out of said room.

Headset is now unplugged and we'll see if that is the fix. If Cheap Trick comes on again without my doing, I will let you know. 😝

iphone music turns on by itself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.