Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 won't pair with blueant

iPhone 5 won't connect with my blueant headset, won't even find it to pair with it

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 14, 2012 3:56 PM

6 replies

Oct 14, 2012 7:01 PM in response to Jonath4n

Hi Jonath4n,

When you update or restore the firmware on your iPhone it is necessary to remove old pairing information and pair your BlueAnt device with your iPhone again.

Please see our knowledgebase article here:

http://blueant.force.com/knowledgebase/articles/Article/iPhone-Users-Updating-yo ur-iPhone-Firmware?retURL=%2Fknowledgebase%2Fapex%2FknowledgeHome&popup=false

We also have a video tutorial for the Q2 and iPhone here:

http://www.blueant.com.au/support/videos/Q2/iPhone/remove_and_reset/

hope this helps

Scott

Nov 3, 2012 2:47 PM in response to Jonath4n

I found the issue, blue ants can only be paired with one phone at a time, so if you have a blueant that was connected to another phone you will need to restore your headset to factory setting and then it will connect to your iPhone, and yes i figured this out myself because apple support wanted me to send it in and everybody on discussion boards just tells you obvious answers like how to go to settings and turn your Bluetooth on

Feb 9, 2013 7:30 PM in response to Jonath4n

Ok reckon the problem is that you have to have the Blue Ant 3 in pairing mode. If you have a new iphone you've probably forgotten how to do that on your old Blue Ant...but it's simple. You hold the green button down (continue to do so until the lights flash blue and red) then you go through choosing the language etc ...then it will find your new phone (if the blue tooth is swith on) and pair with your new phone and upoad all your contacts off that phone. But it only does one phone!

iPhone 5 won't pair with blueant

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.