Currently Being ModeratedOct 15, 2012 4:36 AM (in response to Carolyn Samit)
Thanks for your help, but with software update 5.1 apple wants network confugration with "Apple Configurator" can only be downloaded to mac. But i have windows loaded pc. I had Apple Tv just for 3 days, and Apple did not say to me "you must have a mac to buy an Apple Tv"..
Currently Being ModeratedOct 15, 2012 4:45 AM (in response to mustafarel)
You don't have to have a Mac...
"For streaming media from a Mac or PC: iTunes 10.6 or later; iTunes Store account for Home Sharing"
Then click Tech Specs
Try restoring the Apple TV > Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation): Restoring your Apple TV
Currently Being ModeratedOct 15, 2012 4:56 AM (in response to Carolyn Samit)
my problem is below;
Apple TV: How to install a configuration profile
Apple TV Software Update 5.1 allows your Apple TV to install a configuration profile from Apple Configurator to configure Wi-Fi and Ethernet corporate networks.
Apple Configurator, Apple TV (2nd generation), Apple TV (3rd generation)
If you are configuring a new Apple TV, follow these steps first. If not, skip these three steps.
- Connect the Apple TV to power and the video destination (projector or TV).
- Select the language the Apple TV should use.
- Bypass the remaining network and account configuration screen by pressing the Menu button on the Apple Remote.
- Use a Micro-USB cable to connect the Apple TV to a computer Apple Configurator open.
- In Apple Configurator, select Prepare:
- Click the + (plus sign) at the bottom of the Profiles area to import an existing profile or create a new profile:
- When you have your profile, click the Prepare button at the bottom of the window:
- Click Apply:
- Select Install on the Apple TV when prompted. After the profile installation has completed, your Apple TV will begin using the new network configuration.
Installing a configuration profile requires a USB to Micro-USB cable (sold separately). Please verify that your Apple TV has the correct software version installed. You will also need to have the latest version of Apple Configurator.
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points