You don't have to have a Mac...
"For streaming media from a Mac or PC: iTunes 10.6 or later; iTunes Store account for Home Sharing"
Then click Tech Specs
Try restoring the Apple TV > Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation): Restoring your Apple TV
my problem is below;
Apple TV: How to install a configuration profile
Apple TV Software Update 5.1 allows your Apple TV to install a configuration profile from Apple Configurator to configure Wi-Fi and Ethernet corporate networks.
Apple Configurator, Apple TV (2nd generation), Apple TV (3rd generation)
If you are configuring a new Apple TV, follow these steps first. If not, skip these three steps.
- Connect the Apple TV to power and the video destination (projector or TV).
- Select the language the Apple TV should use.
- Bypass the remaining network and account configuration screen by pressing the Menu button on the Apple Remote.
- Use a Micro-USB cable to connect the Apple TV to a computer Apple Configurator open.
- In Apple Configurator, select Prepare:
- Click the + (plus sign) at the bottom of the Profiles area to import an existing profile or create a new profile:
- When you have your profile, click the Prepare button at the bottom of the window:
- Click Apply:
- Select Install on the Apple TV when prompted. After the profile installation has completed, your Apple TV will begin using the new network configuration.
Installing a configuration profile requires a USB to Micro-USB cable (sold separately). Please verify that your Apple TV has the correct software version installed. You will also need to have the latest version of Apple Configurator.