Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with Mime attachments in Mail

I receive some forwarded emails as Mime attachments. Prior to iOS6, mail would just display the received mime attachment as a normally received email. Since upgrading to iOS6, it displays as an attachment icon within the body of the email. When the icon is tapped, it opens a new window. The new window is a narrow strip that runs from the top of the page (portrait orientation) to the bottom. The narrow strip makes it very difficult to read the email. Is there a way to change the size of the window or make it full screen?

iPad 2, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 4:40 AM

2 replies

Jan 31, 2013 3:46 AM in response to timc3gs

I have just noticed this on one of our work ipads. It is currently on version 5.1.1 and has no problem automatically opening messages that have been attached to the email. When on an iOs6 device a mime-attachment icon is displayed which can then be manually opened in a small window. Im assuming Apple have implemented this as a security feature but I cant find a reference anywhere. Would be useful if there is an article confirming as such.

Problem with Mime attachments in Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.