Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What does imac infrared board do?

some part of my imac infrared board fell of and the power doesn't turn on after that

does this mean that infrared board has to do with connecting power?
please tell me in detail what the infrared board does. thanks

iMac (20-inch Early 2008)

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 10:34 AM

7 replies

Mar 6, 2015 10:46 AM in response to shinkelly

You're screwed buddy... Guess you'll just have to cough up $4.99 cause that's how much they cost. Even back in your time zone (2012) I found them for about $15 bucks...

Believe me those old iMacs are still relevant. I just sold an older iMac (24-inch 2.4ghz) for $600. I used to the money to buy a IMAC EXTREME with a crashed HDD. Replaced it with an SSD and I'm smoking on Logic Studio!

Mar 6, 2015 10:41 AM in response to rick268

rick268 wrote:

You're screwed buddy... Guess you'll just have to cough up $4.99 cause that's how much they cost. Even back in your time zone (2012) I found them for about $15 bucks...

Believe me those old iMacs are still relevant. I just sold an older iMac (24-inch 2.4ghz) for $600. I used to the money to buy an IMAC EXTREME.and I'm smoking on Logic Studio!

rick268... you know you are replying to a 3 year old thread don't you?

Mar 6, 2015 10:43 AM in response to rkaufmann87

rkaufmann87 wrote:

rick268 wrote:

Believe me those old iMacs are still relevant. I just sold an older iMac (24-inch 2.4ghz) for $600. I used to the money to buy an IMAC EXTREME.and I'm smoking on Logic Studio!

rick268... you know you are replying to a 3 year old thread don't you?

Nah, he's just in a different time zone... Everything in this dimension has been, is now, and always will be,

What does imac infrared board do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.