Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is the start of the audio file/recording?

I'm emailing mixdowns to a studio where they will lay the files to movie timecodes that I have specified in a cue sheet. I'm a bit worried that the timecodes are incorrect. The possible issue concerns the start of the audio files.

I recorded the tracks down to a stereo file, a region, that appears to start in the arrange at the correct point. But when you record, Logic includes some recording before the start of the region, before the Anchor, correct? And my question is this: when the files are opened in ProTools, does Protools see the Anchor, see the start of the region and ignore the bit before the region starts, or not?

It's crucial, because if it doesn't all my in-points will be out but over a second (by the amount of time before the region start that somehow seems to exist in the audio file.

Logic Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Mac Pro 8 core / Apogee Rosetta 800

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 11:02 AM

4 replies

Oct 15, 2012 10:09 PM in response to jrm1

I think I understand what your saying, but time code doesn't really work like this... it doesn't have anything to do with the start of the region, it has to do with the start of the audio in relation to the beginning of the song or rather the beginning of the timecode. What is the beginning/starting timecode. Did you leave Logic's defaults set at 1 hour?

If you have the time I can check a bounce for you.

Oct 16, 2012 1:42 AM in response to jrm1

Hi

If I understand the problem correctly?

jrm1 wrote:

The possible issue concerns the start of the audio files.

I recorded the tracks down to a stereo file, a region, that appears to start in the arrange at the correct point. But when you record, Logic includes some recording before the start of the region, before the Anchor, correct?

This can depend on how you did the "record down to a stereo file".

If you routed tracks to bus channels, then recorded the bus to another track, Logic will include the count-in in the audio file. As you say, the region in the Arrange will be correctly "trimmed".

One solution would be to convert these bounced regions to new audio files (Audio Menu), another to use Bounce Region (or track) in Place.

Alternatively, use a manually placed "2 pop" 2 seconds before the start of each cue.

CCT

Where is the start of the audio file/recording?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.