Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WebObjects deprecated under Lion, but needed to login to Devleper Mbr Ctr site ?

WebObjects technology is supposedly deprecated under MacOSX Lion 10.7.5, but seems to be necessary to login to the Apple Developer Member Center site.

I am not running a Server version of MacOSX, but got the message upon Apple Developer Member Center login that my account was de-activated.

No Apple Support employee had a problem with my Apple ID, but I suspect that a file (or files) involving WebObject support got clobbered within my Lion OS, or is no longer supported.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), 4GB; hp D110 (AIO) Prntr; 5th Nano

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 11:48 AM

10 replies

Oct 15, 2012 11:56 AM in response to rsblanchard

I have no problems logging into my Dev Center account from either 10.7 or 10.8, and to the best of my knowledge there's nothing for WebObjects on either system. In fact, I can log in from my iPad, and I can just about guarantee you that it doesn't have any WebObjects files nor code on it. So I think your problem lies elseswhere. You've tried the usual; flushing browser cache and cookies, different browsers, restarting the Mac, etc?

Regards.

Oct 15, 2012 12:57 PM in response to rsblanchard

Yes, it does, but that's the framework running on Apple's system which is still built in WebObjects. It has nothing to do with anything required on your devices. I can even log in from a Windows 7 system and I'll guarantee you that there is no WebObjects code on that computer.

If you have tried more than one computer, preferably one on another network to eliminate any sort of firewall issue, and still are getting an "account deactivated" message, then you'll almost certainly need to get back with Apple developer support and continue to work the problem with them.

Regards.

Oct 15, 2012 2:00 PM in response to Nextyoyoma

I've been all-over Apple's Support (about 8 calls) -- no help !

They told me to use my existing Apple ID, so I've been to "Security", and "iTunes ID".

They wanted to turn me over to Apple's "Fraud" department, but it wasn't fraud-related.

Due to legacy (NOT "Hardware Legacy"), I ended-up with a primary, and secondary AppleID.

I was trying to use the primary AppleID to login to the "free" Developer help.

The "iTunes" department was going to try to convert my primary AppleID to a "Developer" ID, but the error persists.

Oct 15, 2012 7:57 PM in response to rsblanchard

rsblanchard wrote:

I am told by Apple Support that I must spend $99 for "Enterprise support" to solve the login-issue for the "free" Developer Program.

I STILL get the following message:

Your Apple ID has been disabled. Please contact us.

I have a decade-old Apple ID that works just fine. I have a newer Apple ID that also works just fine.

Have you tried creating a new Apple ID and using that? Trying to "fix" some old Apple ID is a waste of time.

WebObjects deprecated under Lion, but needed to login to Devleper Mbr Ctr site ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.