Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari bookmarks disappear on iPad ...just overnight

Safari on iPad....bookmarks disappeared over night and system won't save bookmarks now. It worked great yesterday so did the software break or was an update released last night? Help please (iOS 6.0)

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 12:56 PM

23 replies

Feb 19, 2017 12:11 AM in response to JCharles

same thing happened on my iPad Air iOS 10.2.1 i have closed and reopened. and pressed nd held icon no - ever appears on safari icon though it is wiggling. i have rebooted twice . still no bookmarkes or favorites ... ALL GONE .. i press the + to add new tab ... blank untitled tab appears . i icons in screen. aaaarrrggghhh !!!

Oct 17, 2012 9:50 AM in response to JCharles

The exact same thing happened on my iPad over the last day or two … all of my old bookmarks disappeared and were replaced with just the set of default items (Google, Bing, iPad manual, and a couple of others). I couldn't add any new ones at that point, either. Eventually I tried killing off the Safari task in the bottom bar of background apps, and when I restarted Safari thereafter my old bookmarks were back. Definitely seems like a bug, but at least there was a workaround that helped in my case.

Jan 20, 2013 12:22 AM in response to Gsper

Gsper. Go to home screen, swipe up with four or five fingers (or double click home button) this will make running apps appear in the bottom bar. Touch and hold one of them and red minus signs will appear, tap these individually to close the apps. As previously stated, if you do this with safari your bookmarks should reappear.

Safari bookmarks disappear on iPad ...just overnight

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.