Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 5 restarts after 2-5 minutes all the time!

My iPhone 5 restarts all the time.

Worked fine for about a week, but after pressing use for development in Xcode, it started happening.

Restore to new iPhone did not help.

Anyone with the same problem?

- Christian

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 1:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 4:17 PM

I have the same problem man.

Iphone 5 16g black

Keeps restarting itself every 2-5 minutes.

I restored it, did not back it up and start as new phone. Problem still occuring.

The typing on the phone seems too glichy as well as scrolling on the screen

Right before the iPhone restarts itself, wavy lines appear and shuts off and reboots.

Battery fully charged, however the percentage is off. (when charging the % gets stuck at random, not giving accurate reading.)

As I typed this my iPhone 5 has restarted itself 3 times.

Apple, please help us out fast. I dont want to drive to the apple store thats 50 miles away either. Thanks!

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2012 4:17 PM in response to DKDEVDEV

I have the same problem man.

Iphone 5 16g black

Keeps restarting itself every 2-5 minutes.

I restored it, did not back it up and start as new phone. Problem still occuring.

The typing on the phone seems too glichy as well as scrolling on the screen

Right before the iPhone restarts itself, wavy lines appear and shuts off and reboots.

Battery fully charged, however the percentage is off. (when charging the % gets stuck at random, not giving accurate reading.)

As I typed this my iPhone 5 has restarted itself 3 times.

Apple, please help us out fast. I dont want to drive to the apple store thats 50 miles away either. Thanks!

Oct 15, 2012 11:26 PM in response to marine123

I have exacly the same problem, restarts every 2-3 minutes and screen is glichy as well.

Tryed to play Temple Run but couldent turn so died all the time.

My phone worked perfectly for about a week but now it is unusable.

Hve tried to restore the phone 5 times both from backup and new trough iTunes, but nothing helps.

I will try to contact my carrier and get my iPhone replaced (but that will take about 5-6 weekd :-S). Really hoped there was an easy fix for this issue...

Nov 21, 2012 11:00 PM in response to marine123

I have the exact same problem, it just started doing this today but the battery charger has been off for like 4 days. And also my USB in my 2012 tsx doesn't recognize my songs anymore but still works through Bluetooth. Not exactly sure what is going on with this. But for spending the amount I did for my white 16gb an almost brand new not really to happy. Is there a fix for any of this??

My iPhone 5 restarts after 2-5 minutes all the time!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.