Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Managing music manually

Managing music manually means all my iphone content will be erased, according to the info window that comes up when I click "Managing music manually". This seems a bit ridiculous. How do I avoid this?

iPhone 3G

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 1:04 PM

8 replies

Oct 15, 2012 1:22 PM in response to wjosten

I do have everything on my phone in my library. Unfortunately, I also have over 90 songs in what my iphone calls Random Playlist, but my Itunes library does not organise it this way, the library has them, along with hundreds of other things, it calls ''Unknown Artist''. I am terrified of having this playlist erased. As well, I have about a dozen voice memos that I want to transfer to a disc. I don't know how to make sure they won't be erased, as they are not in my Itunes library yet. I am also one of those people all over the support community whose phone seems to take hours to sync, which is another problem and is why I have decided to try manual management.

May 30, 2013 9:21 PM in response to PatriciaFromToronto

I agree that this is COMPLETELY stupid, especially when you are using the same iTunes library. I put this same question to customer support-I will reply back if I receive any useful help. However, I am feeling like it might be to no avail :(

Boo Apple. Makes me think about switching to another company when issues like this are not easily solved...

Managing music manually

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.