Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessages

Ive just upgraded to the iPhone 5 and ive recently sold my iPhone 4. Im having a few concerns though as today I read that my iMessages maybe viewbale still even after erasing all content on the phone.

The steps I took before selling:

Erase content from phone

Insert a different sim (one which I ordered for free from THREE)

Erase content from phone again

AND

I Erased all content again

Will the person who buys my phone be able to see my iMessages? As I dont want my iMessage to be sent to my old iPhone or update on it. Ive also changed my password tonight too if this helps.

Help and advice much appreciated to stop my worrying 😐.

Cheers.

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 2:06 PM

6 replies

Oct 15, 2012 2:19 PM in response to razmee209

Well I was told the information above by a friend so I decided to search on the internet and it seems like a lot of people are having this issue. Here is a thread I found:

http://www.everythingicafe.com/forum/threads/sold-my-iphone-4-now-imessage-texti ng-going-2-both-devices.80869/

If you have a look on google and search for "iMessages after selling iPhone" then you will see a list of sites where people have had issues. Very concerning really.

Oct 15, 2012 2:24 PM in response to Whirling22

Hopefully not, surely when people have had this issue then they have restored to default and then set up again using their sim...this as then linked it to their apple account because iMessages is assigned to that specific phone number. For example: putting the sim in and it activating the iphone with the phone number and downloading all iMessages.

iMessages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.