Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to flag a point within a region - any way to set a marker?

Apologies if there is a simple solution that I should well know by now.

I would like to be able to listen through track and mark several points in the track allowing me to return to those point effortlessly. There's got to be something better than noting down the time or measure points...

Please advise.

Thanks!

GarageBand (Mac) '11, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 2:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 2:43 PM

Markers are only available in Podcasts; if you have podcast track, you can add marker regions, see:

GarageBand '11: Add and edit marker regions

In a regular GarageBand project you can simulate this by adding a software instrument track - silencing the track and recording a note at the places that you want to mark.

Or by showing the arrangement track and adding arrangement region at the places to be marked.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2012 2:43 PM in response to Russell A

Markers are only available in Podcasts; if you have podcast track, you can add marker regions, see:

GarageBand '11: Add and edit marker regions

In a regular GarageBand project you can simulate this by adding a software instrument track - silencing the track and recording a note at the places that you want to mark.

Or by showing the arrangement track and adding arrangement region at the places to be marked.

How to flag a point within a region - any way to set a marker?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.