Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

remote desktop

hi all. new imac user again( this will be an ongoing relationship i fear) . i need to connect to my office- previolusly using windows remote desktop connection. it is my understanding that i can do so wth my new shiny imac. is this true? if so, how?

thanks again.

john

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5), actually os X 10.8

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 3:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2014 6:42 AM

It works for me, mostly. I'm using Junos Pulse on my Mac to set-up the VPN connection to my company's internal network. Then, I use Microsoft RDC (remote desktop connection) to connect to the Windows PC on my desk. What I see on my Mac at home is a "windowed" version of my PC desktop at work. I have access to all of my PC applications, files, shared drives, etc.

Recently, I've had problems connecting using RDC. I can still connect to our VPN using Junos Pulse, but the RDC session to my desktop PC fails. The problem appears to be related to Pages (part of iWork) or something else involving iCloud. I'm still trying to diagnose the exact problem, but a reliable solution appears to be to not install iWork on your Mac if you want to use RDC.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2014 6:42 AM in response to Sukkdogg

It works for me, mostly. I'm using Junos Pulse on my Mac to set-up the VPN connection to my company's internal network. Then, I use Microsoft RDC (remote desktop connection) to connect to the Windows PC on my desk. What I see on my Mac at home is a "windowed" version of my PC desktop at work. I have access to all of my PC applications, files, shared drives, etc.

Recently, I've had problems connecting using RDC. I can still connect to our VPN using Junos Pulse, but the RDC session to my desktop PC fails. The problem appears to be related to Pages (part of iWork) or something else involving iCloud. I'm still trying to diagnose the exact problem, but a reliable solution appears to be to not install iWork on your Mac if you want to use RDC.

remote desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.