Skip navigation

Can I have an image "hidden" under each bullet point?

360 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 18, 2012 10:34 AM by Gary Scotland RSS
Bmachine Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Oct 15, 2012 5:47 PM

Is there a way to do a standard highlighted bullet point build-in such as:

---------------------------

|

|  Native trees in our area:

|     - Poplar

|     - Oak

|     - Maple

|

but when I play the presentation, after each of the bullet point is highlighted, the next slide is a photo of the item in question.  In other words, the slides would play as such:

1:

|

| Native trees in our area:

|     - Poplar

|

2:

|

| <show photo of the poplar>

|

3:

|

| Native trees in our area:

|     - Poplar

|     - Oak

|

4:

|

| <show photo of the oak>

|

etc...

Right now I am duplicating the main text slide multiple time and adding a new bullet each time manually but I was wondering if there is a more efficient way to do that.  Just like when using the Highlighted bullet Build-In feature but with a photo in between each bullet.

Thanks for any help.

Bo

• Gary Scotland Level 5 Level 5 (7,555 points)

Its all done on a single page

drag in photos and align where you need them

format the text as needed

the title;  is best left static, put it in a separate text box so it doesnt animate

in build settings: drag the order so there is;     text pic - text pic - text pic

the text is set to build on click, the photos are set on auto after paragraph

double click the screen grab below to enlage it

If this is confusing I can sent you the file so you can see the build sequence

cotact.png

do the photos appear on the main slide, as they seem to in your screen grab?

Yes,  in this particular example, but theres plenty of scope to have many ways of animating the items on the page.

If the photo is not on screen with the relative bullet point, it would just be a standard slide show,  you wouldn't need any animation builds, just a separate page for each text and photo so the show is:

text > photo > text > photo > text > phot

This is because I have about 8 lines and there would be no room for even a thumbnail next to each line.

However,  a larger photo, can accomodate text of 8 lines with plenty space to display a full hight single photo.

each line would be animated in as a build while the picture is static througout:

moak.png

I thought I would show you my photo taken last week in Sherwood!

However,  a larger photo, can accomodate text of 8 lines with plenty space to display a full hight single photo.

each line would be animated in as a build while the picture is static througout:

Indeed.  But I need to photo to change with each bullet point.

Thats allready covered in the first post, but I made a complete set using 8 bullet points for 8 full screen pictures.  The first bullet point and picture are shown with the build details.

If you want a list of settings for each item or a copy of the Keynote so you can see how it works let me know with a contact email address.

build seq copy.png

Very nice.  Is Robing Hood still hiding in that forrest?

I looked but couldnt find him.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.