Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Badges for calendar app ios 6 not working

Hello all. I have to tell you the truth this badges have never worked on my caledar in any iOS or iPhone that I have owned. I currently have the iPhone 5. I have gone into settings, notifications, Calendar app, notification center is on, alert style is banners, Badge App icon is on, Cal Alerts is on Alert and View in Lock Screen is on. What am I missing??? I have plenty of appointments in my calendar so they should show the badge count. I also use iCloud for my calendar.

Please help!

Thanks in advance,

Dave

iPhone 5, iOS 6, 64GB, Black

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 5:53 PM

8 replies

Oct 19, 2012 9:05 AM in response to DaveOJr

I have this same problem with my Reminders app, as well as some other downloaded ones, I havent checked the Calendar app for this issue but wouldn't be surprised if it has the same bug. I called Apple Care and they told me this is not normal and they set me up for another "GENIUS" appointment. This is my 3rd iphone 5 (been replaced twice). The iphone5 is the worst iphone ever made.

Oct 19, 2012 10:01 AM in response to EJNY

I actually called Apple Support last night 1) because of the horrible cell reception and 2) to ask how to resolve the issue with the badges on the calendar app. As amazed as I am to say it, the rep had no idea and gave me some story about how I have to flag something when I make the actual appointment. I'm sorry but I didn't buy it and I can't believe he let me go without really resolving my issue.

I may try stopping by the closest Apple Store and see what's up.

Oct 19, 2012 10:10 AM in response to DaveOJr

The thing is, half these "tech support" guys don't know anything about anything. You should call them again and explain your issue/problems again, but this time say it really really slow, because they are not the brightest people. And if they still have trouble understanding simple English, ask to speak to a Senior Advisor. I'm pretty sure you have to at least be a college graduate to be a Senior Advisor. They should be able to set you up with a "GENIUS" appointment to have it looked at.

Jan 10, 2013 1:22 PM in response to DaveOJr

All,

Check this link. http://www.iphonefaq.org/archives/97932 for a good concise explanation of badges. Badges on calendar and reminder only show up if you have an invite waiting to be checked, just like if you have an email or message waiting to be checked. If you want to know how many of any given thing you have that day just go to the calendar or reminder for that day... Does knwing you have 6 things on your calendar in any given day actually benefit you at all? You still have to go see what they are don't you? Also, they woudl have to change everyday, the other badges don't work that way, the mail,vm, message badges keep counting up until things are checked...

Sep 21, 2015 11:41 PM in response to Imamak

Evidently, the purpose and utility of badge counts is lost on you. Just as with Messages, Email, and third-party apps, badge notifications for Calendar serve a significant purpose and, yes, it is beneficial to know that you have 6 things on your calendar in a given day. While it is true that you still must open the Calendar app to actually view those events, it is the actual opening and viewing that becomes an unnecessary step if you know ahead of time (via badge number) that there is nothing to see inside. In any given month, there could be a variety of events scattered throughout the month. Actively going into the Calendar app each and every day to see if there is anything scheduled for that day is enormously inefficient whilst a simple badge glance lets you know if such a step is even necessary. I purchased a third-party app that does include a badge counter for events and it is phenomenally more efficient than having to open the Calendar app each and every day to see if I have an event scheduled for that day. If you can appreciate the utility of badge counts for Messages, Email, social media apps, and the like, then you should be keenly familiar with the analogous benefit for Calendar events. By your logic, how do we benefit from knowing we have 5 emails? Or ten Messages? In each instance, we still must open the corresponding applications to view the content, no? Yet...there IS a benefit in knowing at a glance that there are 5 email messages waiting to be read, or ten text messages waiting for reply. By your reasoning, we should simply go into the messages app and check, since we eventually must do that anyway. It's infinitely absurd. As an aside, that's why "pull" email went the way of the dinosaur and was replaced by push notification; the passive alert system is exponentially more efficient than the active one.

Badges for calendar app ios 6 not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.