Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone not connecting to my computer

I connected my iPhone to my pc and it doesn't connect. It starts vibrating constantly and on the iPhone the screen keeps going from charging to normal. If I open up iTunes it says, "iTunes could not connect to this iPhone. An unkown error occurred (0xE8000084)." I have tried reinstalling iTunes many times but it only works the first time I plug it in. So after I take the wire out and try to connect it again the same error occurs. So please help me.

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1, Using a Windows 7 PC

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 7:15 PM

3 replies

Oct 16, 2012 11:11 PM in response to Beserker9

Stupid iTunes 10.7 bug.

This worked for me:

Leave your iPhone connected to your PC then:

1. Quit iTunes
  2. In task manager click "show processes from all users", sort by description and kill everything "Apple". Also kill the process with the image name AppleMobileDeviceHelper.exe
  3. Click Start > Run > in the Open text box copy & paste the following - with the quotes - "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceHelper.exe" and press OK.
  4. Open iTunes

From https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4313565?start=0&tstart=0

Feb 10, 2016 10:04 AM in response to bwoods

Hi, my name is Jesus Carpio from Venezuela, and I have the same trouble with my iphone 5s (iOS 9.2.1) when I connect it start charging but not synchronize with the pc, I tried to all the things to suggest Apple Page Support. I tried too, buy another USB Lightning, but it doesn't work, I tried with another pc and its the same, no work. I need you help please. Thanks

iPhone not connecting to my computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.