Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Data leak with iphone 4s IOS 6?

I will be at home using my wifi ONLY and under "Cellular Network Data" the sent and received will slowly creep up just a few kb.

What is causing this?? I heard rumors about it being a iCloud issue. It's very annoying.

I have verizon by the way.

has anyone experienced this and has a fix for it??

Thanks.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 7:21 PM

19 replies

Oct 19, 2012 6:44 AM in response to icoflin

Two iPhone 4S's both at iOS 6. One is chewing through data to the order of 900MB every 4 days and the other is at 15 MB per day. Prior to iOS 6 upgrade both phones were at the 15 MB a day average. Have called AT&T twice and Apple twice and neither have helped.

The great feelings I have for my iPhone are rapidly waning.

Here was a little test: closed all apps except settings, connected to wifi via Apple time machine, cellular data off, reset cell data usage, forced all apps to use wifi, no iCloud. Turned on cell data and watched. Within 10 minutes, 7 KB were sent 5 KB recd. after an hour, 28 KB sent and 37 KB recd.

Please fix this Apple.

Oct 19, 2012 6:45 AM in response to icoflin

I am also having the same problem so is my wife. I have never had a problem with this before on any of my iPhones in the past. Our phones are always plugged in to either a computer or a wall outlet. In the past 4 years of having iPhones we have never had a message pop up on our phones from At&t saying we used 90% of our data plan until we updated to iOS to 6.

Data leak with iphone 4s IOS 6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.