Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

calendar delegates

I have some fundamental issues with Apple's Calendar app. Can anyone help me. I've searched for answers to these questions in the forums and come up empty. From my perspective it looks like a case of apple preferring apple service which would be a case of anti-trust.

Here's my issue. Subscribing to CalDAV calendars that are not my primary calendar are accessed via the "delegates" panel. This fine, reasonable and understandable. My problem is in the display of the data. Calendar adds an unnecessary item with a disclosure triangle for each and every delegated calendar. The main item says "Delegates" and each one contains only one item. So if I have 6 delegated calendars, I have 6 lines that say delegates and the actual item underneath. This is wrong. Since the delegates are actually a part of the parent account they should show up simply as a calendar listed below the parent account. This is exactly how iCloud handles it. iCloud is simply a CalDAV server. Is there something so special about it that makes it able do what what should be done and other shared calendars not?

The calendars are hosted on a Google Apps business plan and shared properly from the Gapps interface.

In the photo example below, iCloud calendars show shared and delegated calendars how I would expect them. However, the two delegate calendars belong to the elements account, not that you can tell because of the way that they are grouped. Can ANYONE help me 1. find a workaround. 2. tell me that a fix for this is coming. 3. give me an alternative to Apple's Calendar app.

User uploaded file

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 7:45 PM

1 reply

Oct 15, 2012 10:39 PM in response to Kjell-o

Not only does it show up poorly, but if I invite someone to an event on a delegated calendar, there's no invitation sent out. It just shows up on the receivers calendar. No notification, no push message, no email, no notification whatsoever.

This isn't good. Can someone tell me if this is apple or google? I'm guessing each point the finger at the other.

calendar delegates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.