Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch screen non responsive after IOS 6

My son gave me his old 3GS, I wanted to restore to fresh before restoring my wifes 3G to it. I said yes to the upgrade to IOS 6. Now the touch screen is totally unresponsive. Can't even power down without holding sleep and home buttons. Worked perfect before IOS 6. I have tried to restore seveal times even in DFU mode. It will only load IOS 6 and ends in screen not functioning.

Is there a fix in the works? Not real happy about it becoming a paper weight!

Thanks for any helpful responses.

iPhone 3GS, iOS 6, Not jail broken

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 8:39 PM

8 replies

Oct 16, 2012 3:27 AM in response to Jbass706

Basic troubleshooting from the User's Guide is reset, restart, restore (first from backup then as new).

iOS devices can only be restored with the current iOS version.

No one here has any way of knowing if a "fix" is in the works, but that would imply there is an iOS issue causing your problem, this is highly unlikely. More likely, something from your backup is causing an issue or the device has a hardware failure.

Oct 16, 2012 7:57 AM in response to diesel vdub

Thanksfor the reply, I tried repeatedly to restore as new phone and with restore a backup. Downloaded a fresh copy ipsw still no good. Touch screen is new from Apple with LCD, re-checked last night for loose connections. Worked trouble free under IOS 4. This leads me to believe a buggy OS release. Will see a sim but no service after search, this may be due to the phone not activated. Can't swipe screen to configue.

Oct 17, 2012 5:56 PM in response to diesel vdub

I went to see my old friend last night and much against his (or my belief) after some gentile proding the screen functioned. I am going to resote the phone with my wifes info, try her sim card, make sure everything connects. He then wants to try the replacement screen again to see if it stays unresponsive. Stange part is now it seems to function without trouble? Happy that is no longer a paper wieght. Sometimes it pays to hold on to your old parts for awhile.

Thanks for your help!

Touch screen non responsive after IOS 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.