Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 4s ios 6 caller id not working... somebody know solution?

i upgrade iphone 4s to ios 6 and now i dont have caller id when somebody call me and he is in contact list... ????

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 8:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 10:28 PM

sorry my guy that *****, a little advice ..... most people are having problems with iphone 5 and iOS 6, and iOS 6 came out not to long ago so there will still be "bugs" here and there until its resolved, try to downgrade to iOS 5.1.1

12 replies

Apr 1, 2013 2:33 PM in response to StoleSRB

I'm having the same issue here with a brand new manufacture unlocked iPhone 5 running iOS 6.1.3 (just updated from 6.1.2).

If the contact number was saved WITH region code (+1, +44, +855, etc.), contacts name display just fine in Message (SMS) app; however when it's receiving a call from a contact, the contact's name (caller ID) is not displayed — and we just get a line of phone number without the regioin code instead.

And if the contact number was saved WITHOUT region code, it shows caller ID when it's receiving call; however, in the Message app, it does not recognize the contact and hence it shows the phone number with it's region code as if there's no contact with that number in the Address Book.

Been through settings, no luck. Did a "Reset Network Settings", didn't help. "Reset all setting" didn't help either.

And finally I did "Erase all content and settings" twice, each with slightly different settings:

1st: "Erase all content and settings", chose my region, enabled iCloud and everything else… No changes.
2nd: "Erase all content and settings", choose region, didn't enable iCloud… No changes.

It seems like the phone think a phone number with region code and that phone number without region code as two different numbers. For example, +1 123-1234 and 123-1234 is actually the same number, but the phone see it as two different numbers.

This issue also occurred in previous OS as well. There are some workaround which involve Jailbreaking the phone, but I demand an official fix.

For now, all we can do is to send feedback to Apple and hopefully they'd hear us. http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

Cheers!

iphone 4s ios 6 caller id not working... somebody know solution?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.