Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Repartitioning to add Lion to Snow Leopard and Windows 7 on a MacBook.

I have a MacBook that is partitioned with OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and Windows 7, the latter running by means of Boot Camp. If possible, I would like to repartition the Snow Leopard partition so as to be able to also install OS X 10.7 Lion (this MacBook is not compatible with OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion). I would like to keep the Snow Leopard partition. First of all, is this indeed possible? Second, if it is possible, does anyone have any recommendations regarding the implementation thereof?

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 8:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 9:46 PM

AFAIK, you have to clone the individual SL and windoze volumes to an ext HD, preferably FireWire, erase and repartition the int HD into two OS X volumes. Then you can recreate the Boot Camp volume. Use Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper! for the the OS X ones and something like WinClone for that other thing.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2012 9:46 PM in response to John with a G4

AFAIK, you have to clone the individual SL and windoze volumes to an ext HD, preferably FireWire, erase and repartition the int HD into two OS X volumes. Then you can recreate the Boot Camp volume. Use Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper! for the the OS X ones and something like WinClone for that other thing.

Repartitioning to add Lion to Snow Leopard and Windows 7 on a MacBook.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.