Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fallback to 3G if WiFi is not connected to WAN / internet?

During my trials concerning the WiFi-disconnects-when-phone-is-in-sleep-mode on my iphone 4s with ios6 I experienced the following, and I wonder if this is a feature and furthermore I'd like to find out if other users on an iPhone 4s are experiencing the same:

My WLAN at home is connected to the internet and when I am connected that WLAN I can use it with my phone for all data demands. Now, if I disconnect my router from the WAN (physically disconnect the internet cable) the phone is still connected to the WLAN but of course has no longer internet access. Now when I start using the phone e.g. for browsing or checking emails it automatically disconnects from my WLAN, connects to 3G and provides me internet over 3G.

I am pretty sure it did not act this way with ios 5.1.1. Anyone else observing this behaviour?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 11:18 PM

There are no replies.

Fallback to 3G if WiFi is not connected to WAN / internet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.