Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Alternatives to Mail 4.6

Once again, Mac Mail has decided NOT to send outgoing mail even though all SMTPOUT server settings are correct.

This has happened too many times in the past with no real resolution; I see dozens of posts about the same issue and there's no obvious or real fix that I can see anywhere. So, I'm looking for a viable alternative that doesn't loose it's mind.

I have a copy of Office 2008 with Entourage (I've no reason to upgrade to 2011) and of course there's Thunderbird. I'm not considering Sparrow because it's not a free alternative - unless you want to put up with banner ads.

Has anyone switched to either Entourage or T-Bird and have feedback?

Posted on Oct 16, 2012 8:02 AM

1 reply

Oct 20, 2012 2:04 PM in response to Robert Lane AZ

I've just had the identical problem today. I have no particular desire to use Outlook because the Windows version has the same problem. When is Apple going to at least admit they have a serious problem here? Some days Mac mail simply decides it's not going to send outbound e-mail. I didn't think it was possible to produce an e-mail client that had as many bugs as Outlook, but Apple is sure giving them a run for their money.

Much as I'd like to switch to the Mac 100 percent, I have to keep my Windows machine running so I can use a real e-mail client: Forte' Agent (unfortunately unavailable for OS X).

Tony Lima

😠

Alternatives to Mail 4.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.