9 Replies Latest reply: Jan 23, 2013 2:33 AM by JayBnLA
MJWuethrich Level 1 (0 points)

I'm using the iOS6 podcast app to manage my podcasts, and its having trouble remembering which episodes are played and unplayed.

Every so often, I will re-open the podcast app and one of my podcasts will show 100+ unplayed episodes. I then have to click "mark all as played" to reset it.

No idea why this is happening. Does anyone have some advice? Thank you!

iPhone 5, iOS 6, Podcast App
  • Voix Level 1 (35 points)

Same problem here, very annoying.  I sure hope they get this one fixed soon.

• deadlyhifi Level 1 (5 points)

Same problem here. I find it very annoying, and I can't believe that such a major bug as this exists. Please fix ASAP.

• Myshkingfh Level 1 (5 points)

THIS. IS. SO. ANNOYING.

• beetle02 Level 1 (10 points)

I thought I found a solution.  I deleted all the episodes from each podcast except for the ones that were not played.  It worked for a day and then the ap brought in even older episodes and were listed as unplayed.  Some podcast show over 400 episodes as unplayed.

• figdonpat Level 1 (0 points)

I've had this issue for a while now. I've tried "Mark all as played" for episodes and also deleting all episodes of a podcast but they will eventually come back AND be marked as unplayed. Annoying for sure.

• zburkett Level 1 (0 points)

Nothing new to add here. I experience the same problem multiple times daily. App has a terrible time remembering which podcasts were marked as played. Not sure how a bug as egregious as this one slipped through, but I hope it gets fixed soon. What a buggy app this is.

• pg3bton Level 1 (0 points)

Yes please fix this. Could be an issue when it's set to download all unplayed!!!

• Rich4rd Level 1 (0 points)

You had only one job, podcast app, one job. And you failed it! If I have to remember myself which one I played, Tell me, don't pretend you can remember and screw up!!!

As you have probably allready guessed, I'm experiencing the same problem. Blocker issue.

• JayBnLA Level 1 (0 points)

It's been over 3 months since the original post, and I'm here because I have this problem.  Has there never been a fix?  Several podcasts on my phone are showing every single episode that is available... hundreds of episodes per podcast.  I've tried everything from "deleting" the episodes (they just come back) to changing the settings in iTunes.  Nothing works.

This is amazingly frustrating.  It would be nice to at least know this is acknowledged and being worked on.