Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BLU-RAY PAL

Hi people,

I have full hd file (1920x1080) NTSC and I have to produce a BLU-RAY PAL Video.

What the best way to do this on Mac OSX?

Joao Inacio

Brazil

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Oct 16, 2012 10:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2012 2:18 PM

I guess I would give two answers. Both require a Blu-Ray burner. Do a search to see which models have worked best for Mac users.

The most efficient way is to export your movie and then bring it into Compressor. From the Batch Template, select the Create Blu-Ray preset; set your chapter markers in the Preview window. Then in job actions, choose either HD (for a disk image) or a Blu Ray burner. If you make a disk image, you can bring that into Roxio Toast to burn multiple copies.

For a more complete authoring solution, get Adobe Encore. Do all of the above, except in the job actions pane, select "Do Nothing" for When Job Completes.

Good luck.

Russ

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2012 2:18 PM in response to JoaoInacio

I guess I would give two answers. Both require a Blu-Ray burner. Do a search to see which models have worked best for Mac users.

The most efficient way is to export your movie and then bring it into Compressor. From the Batch Template, select the Create Blu-Ray preset; set your chapter markers in the Preview window. Then in job actions, choose either HD (for a disk image) or a Blu Ray burner. If you make a disk image, you can bring that into Roxio Toast to burn multiple copies.

For a more complete authoring solution, get Adobe Encore. Do all of the above, except in the job actions pane, select "Do Nothing" for When Job Completes.

Good luck.

Russ

Oct 16, 2012 2:48 PM in response to JoaoInacio

You're right for doublechecking; it should not give you that size.

In the example below, I have the Blu Ray preset as my target. I have dragged a 1920X1080 video to the well as my source file. In the Summary Pane, it shows that the output file will be 1920X1080 – the same size as I gave it. I didn't have to tell Compressor to make it that size; it just defaulted to the dimensions of the source file.

User uploaded file

Russ

Oct 16, 2012 4:06 PM in response to JoaoInacio

Don't select PAL. which is SD. (Just like I don't select NTSC.)

But do select 25 FPS.

Also note that in my first screenshot, I had neglected to change my output device from my internal optical (red laser) drive, As a consequence, Compressor assumed I wanted to burn an AVCHD disk which would

look very good, but not as good as the much higher bit rate, Blue Ray.

User uploaded file

Hope this puts you back on the right track.

Russ

BLU-RAY PAL

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.