Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match: Wrong content in Mika's "Toy Boy"

I've imported my Mika CD "The Boy Who Knew Too Much" twice into iTunes. Both times, all songs were found and matched on iTunes Match. Everything seems fine when I download the songs from iTunes Match again (e.g., on my Apple TV), except for the song "Toy Boy". Shortly after the beginning and before the end of the song, a woman comes on, speaking the phrase "Mika, The Boy Who Knew Too Much, out next week" during the song. I believe this is wrong content on Apple's server.

Is there any way to force the song to be uploaded to iCloud instead of matching it? Any other ideas what I could do?

iTunes Match-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.8), iTunes 10.7

Posted on Oct 16, 2012 11:31 AM

5 replies

Oct 16, 2012 1:04 PM in response to mracole

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, that's what I already tried. I completely deleted the song from the library and checked the box to have it removed from iTunes Match, too. Then I imported it again from the CD, which triggered iTunes to match it against the cloud version again. When playing the song directly from the cloud, it is the wrong version. I am betting all users would have the same problem with this CD.

How do I trigger Apple to have a look at their database?

Oct 17, 2012 2:46 AM in response to kwl2

Best route here is to contact Apple directly at: http://www.apple.com/uk/contact/.

A thought - given your source is CD. Start with removing the Song as you have before and try the following. It will be the case that if you sign-out of iTunes Store and import the Song into iTunes you will have a version faithful to the CD. You can check by playing the Song on the CD and direct from iTunes.

At this point iTunes Match will not interfere with your local Songs. Indeed, if you now sign-in to iTunes Store and start iTunes Match, allow the process to complete - you will still have the correct version.

However, if you are correct, iTunes Match will have substituted and incorrect Song in the iCloud. At this point you can play the local iTunes version, which will match the CD. At this point make a secure backup of your Song files. Once the backup is complete, delete the local version of the Song - a cloud icon will appear, click to download the iCloud version & play it. If it does not match the CD you've proven that iTunes Match is finding an incorrect Song - this is exactly what the Apple Support team will need to know. Good luck, hope these notes help.

iTunes Match: Wrong content in Mika's "Toy Boy"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.