Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Showing 4gb of Photos Not Actually On My iPhone

I have iPhone 4s, iTunes 10.7.0.21, iOS 6.o. Computer runs Windows 7.

When I connect my iPhone to sync with iTunes, iTunes shows over 4 gb (that's gigabytes) of pictures exsting on the iPhone, even though there are fewer than 200 pictures in Camera Roll and no pictures in photo albums. Currently pictures are not checked to sync, but when I do the photos rise to over 9 gig. That overs how much in photos I would be syncing, but does not explain why it already shows 4 gig already existing.

FWIW, I have the same problem with my iPad: it shows 3 gig of photos, yet there are only 39 pictures on Camera Roll.

None of these problems occurred before iOS 6, and the geniuses at the Apple Store said they'd never heard of the problem, and suggested simply restoring the phone and pad and starting over. Otherwise, they said, google the problem yourself.

Does anyone here know of this problem and can suggest a solution that does not involve restoring the phone or pad?

iPhone 4S, Windows 7

Posted on Oct 16, 2012 1:00 PM

4 replies

Oct 16, 2012 1:04 PM in response to chasfh

The best solution in this problem is to attempt a restore and see if that corrects the issue:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4137

From what i've heard, this is a software corruption issue and is typically resolved with a restore. There's a reason why the Apple Retail store recommended a restore, it typically helps and solves most issues.

It's unlikely you'll find any solutions that don't require restoring the device.

iTunes Showing 4gb of Photos Not Actually On My iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.