Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email signatures & addresses

A few questions about email:

1 - a recent post on app advice said we can now have different signatures for each email account. http://appadvice.com/appnn/2012/09/new-feature-in-ios-6-create-custom-signatures -for-each-email-account

I have 3 addresses associated with my Apple ID and have been trying to set up a signature for each but when I open the settings it only shows the primary address for my ID. I've tried adding each address and my phone says its already there. Am I missing something?

2 - in doing this, I noticed there was now an email @icloud.com with my Apple ID (the same as my primary address). Will our other address be eliminated? Anything we should know? Just curious being I have current address as my email with a number of important contacts.

Anyone who can offer input would be appreciated. Thanks.

iPhone 4S, Other OS, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 16, 2012 2:12 PM

3 replies

Oct 16, 2012 2:22 PM in response to pghkatrina

Did you ever set up the additional email addresses in Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendars>Add Account? If they aren't on the account list they can't be used or managed as separate email addresses (i.e., being associated with your apple ID is not enough). Also, you will be able to use your current email address as long as you want; @icloud.com is just another address if you want to use it (see http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5441).

Email signatures & addresses

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.