Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automator -- Can't see value of variables

Hi -

Simple problem, I think. I'm learning Automator. I insert the "Set Value of Variable" action into a workflow. I name the variable, and the variable name shows up in the list of variables at the bottom of the Automator window. However, the only column in that pane is the list of variable names. The reference book I'm using to learn shows a second column, which is the value of the variable as the workflow runs. When I run Automator, that column has no column heading, and the value of the variable doesn't appear.

If I click on the Results button in the workflow action, I do see the result (which was passed in from the previous workflow action, "Ask for Text"). But I still think I should be seeing the value in the table at the bottom?

Did Apple remove this feature since the date of the book I'm using? Or am I doing something dumb? Many thanks in advance for any ideas.

Tim

Automator-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 16, 2012 2:35 PM

There are no replies.

Automator -- Can't see value of variables

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.