Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to add USB storage to Server.app

I've recently moved to OSX for my development platform. I've installed the Server.app from the app store and need to start creating my development sites. The problem I'm having is that my 1TB USB 3.0 drive is not being seen by the Server.app's storage tab, thus not able to create website storage there. Can anybody please point me in the correct direction?!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 16, 2012 2:15 PM

14 replies

Oct 16, 2012 2:31 PM in response to Mark23

Mark23,

Thanks, but that's the whole issue I have... I only have what's available in the Storage tab in the hardware section of my MBPr. It only shows the "Macintosh HD" in that tab and that's the only device to select when creating a new website and specifying to user another location to store the files...

I have the USB drive available and am actively doing file transfers etc to that drive. It's just not showing in the Server.app and that's a show stopper when you only have a small SSD, lol... O_o

Oct 17, 2012 1:54 PM in response to z33k3r

I have a simple Samsung 3TB hard drive (PartNumber: HX - DU020EC/GW) which works like a sunshine with every aspect of Server.app right out of the box, so it must have something to do with your hardware, but make no mistake: The Samsung HD is very basic and was very cheap.

I had a Promise Pegasus R4 with all of it's Raid features, but it didn't corporate with the Server app...

How to add USB storage to Server.app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.